Sleep paralysis

Who else suffers from this shit

I got truth a sleep paralysis at least once a month and it's ducking scary af

That's your I sleep with my light on all the time loooool )x

Comments

• I've only had sleep paralysis three times before, it stopped once I began to sleep on my side so I kept doing it.
  • i suffer from chronic sleep paralysis and my earliest memory of it was around age 7. i do find it occurs more when i sleep on my chest than on my back but i cant break the habit. sleep paralysis for me is usually paired with strong hallucinations/delusions called night terrors and ive also read that lucid dreaming can worsen it due to improper sleep during the REM stages. but i usually have lucid dreams too and i dont know how to stop this either, its always unintentional.
  • actually, i was prescribed medicine for my intense dreams before, it didnt work for me but its something you might look into if it becomes too much of an issue.
  • I get chronic sleep paralysis pretty often too, happens to me when I don't get more than six hours of sleep for two or three days in a row.
  • edited January 10
    Yeah me too. Last year I often thought I was having an heart attack because some meds I had to take messed up by blood pressuse and I had crazy heart issues. I tried to yell for help but couldn't. Then I "wake" up and don't even remember if it happened but usually I remember me breathing heavily. I often get them when I sleep on my back.
  • edited January 10
    the most disturbing thing about sleep paralysis to me is that i think that form of dreaming is starting to happen to me while im supposed to be awake now too? i dont know how to explain this. once i thought i was looking at my sisters cat but then he morphed into a towel i had hanging on the back of my door and i realized my eyes were fully open the whole time.

ive had sleep paralysis paired with delusions so strong that i believed i was in a different part of the world, and when i woke up i was like... how did i get back in arizona?? i wasnt supposed to be here? and ummm.. ive also forgotten my name/age for a few hours upon waking sometimes with intense lucid dreams. yea! trying to rebuild reality after an experience like that multiple times a week is fun stuff..

amisayingtoomuchifeellikeimsayingtoomuch
  • OH I wanted to add something: when i have sleep paralysis it feels like my eyes are being pried open and I am being forced to look at some ghost or some shit, and when I try to shut them there's still someone/something there. When I do close them it feels like something is trying to dare me to look.
    Feelings i get during sleep paralysis: paranoia of something directly ahead, and hwen i do open my eyes, feeling like a figure is being created from some random object in front of me, I hear words being whispered into my ears and my heartbeat becomes a booming sound that I mistake for speech or footsteps.
  • SAME EXACT FOR ME the paranoia makes it worse because even if you dont immediately see anything, you cant look away and it WILL form
  • Dreams, huh?

I've got dreams.

I suffered sleep paralysis once, but not in a usual way. I had a haunting dream about dolls. I knew what sleep paralysis was; i half-lucid dream regularly, and when the dream gets to be too much to handle i wake myself up. I normally sleep on my side, but i must've turned over and slept on my back that night. So when i did wake up my body feeling super heavy.

I gathered myself, and started to move slowly. Then i took one step away from my bed and started falling forward. I almost broke my leg like a twig at my knee. Over extended it. It was not fun.